Don’t Void the HVAC Warranty for Your Chicagoland Home by Making These Mistakes
If your current HVAC system is older, it might be a wise financial decision to have a newer, more energy efficient system installed. As you begin to search for a new HVAC system for your Chicagoland home, make sure you have a good understanding of warranties so that you don’t void an HVAC warranty by mistake.
- A manufacturer’s warranty comes with your new system and has many variables. Generally, these only cover specific parts when your system has been installed by licensed HVAC companies. They seldom cover the life of your units and don’t cover labor costs. If your unit isn’t installed and serviced by a professional, it can void an HVAC warranty and make it worthless.
- An extended warranty is purchased with your new system to provide protection and coverage of future repair needs after the manufacturer’s warranty expires.
- A maintenance contract is set up with your HVAC system provider to give regular maintenance and tune-ups for a reduced price on your system. This will help you to prevent future problems that could be much more costly. If you fail to have maintenance by a certified technician at least once a year, your warranty will be void.
- Some HVAC companies give you a limited time to register your warranty with them. Failure to do so will make them void.
- Always have proof of maintenance. Be sure to keep all receipts when maintenance is done on your HVAC system. You may need these for any warranty work that might be necessary.
- When replacement parts are needed, it’s best to use the manufacturer’s parts on your unit. Using other brands may be less expensive, but it can void your warranty.
For any warranty work needed on your HVAC system, contact Climate Masters Mechanical Contractors, Inc. today. We are conveniently located in the Chicagoland area and have been servicing its surrounding suburbs of Mokena, Frankfurt, New Lenox, Naperville, Orlando Park and Tinley Park for more than 20 years.
Image Provided by Shutterstock.com
You May Also Like
When you first turn on a brand-new furnace, you might expect a few mild odors to appear as the system establishes itself.… Continue Reading 3 Furnace Odors and What They Mean in New Lenox, IL…
A thermostat is like the brain of your HVAC system. If it doesn’t function properly, no part of the HVAC system in… Continue Reading Do I Need to Replace My Old HVAC Thermostat in Mokena, IL?…
Air quality within our homes plays a pivotal role in our overall health and well-being. Many factors influence the air we breathe,… Continue Reading 4 Habits That Damage Home Air Quality in Beecher, IL…