Aeroseal Duct Sealing Tinley Park, IL And All Surrounding Chicago Suburbs
The New York Times points to duct sealing as the number one home improvement project that can save money and energy in homes across America. In fact, this relatively simple measure, if employed nationally, could save an estimated 510 trillion BTUs (British thermal units), according to a study by McKinsey & Company. At the household level, properly sealed ducts increase the efficiency of heating and cooling systems by as much as 20 percent, the Energy Star program points out. Duct sealing is now required on all new construction homes.
So, what does that mean for you as a homeowner? It all comes down to cold, hard cash. When air ducts are properly sealed, conditioned air isn’t wasted heating or cooling attic space, under floors and inside walls where no one can benefit from the comfort provided. Instead, that precious conditioned air makes it into living spaces where you and your family can benefit. By more efficiently distributing air, properly sealed ducts enable HVAC systems to work smarter, not harder.
The New York Times points to duct sealing as the No. 1 home improvement project that can be taken on to save money and energy both in homes across America.
Facts About Aerosealing
At Climate Master Mechanical Contractors, Inc., we are proud to offer our customers the Aeroseal duct sealing process. This innovative solution for sealing duct leaks results in more energy efficient heating and cooling while enhancing indoor comfort and air quality. It also takes a bite out of those utility bills.
Here are some basic facts about the process to consider:
- The average price for this money- and energy-saving measure is $950 to $1,400, depending on the size of a home.
- We offer guaranteed results and prove them through pre- and post-testing. If our work doesn’t produce results, you don’t pay.
- Our process is guaranteed to increase airflow into your home and reduce airflow lost to unoccupied areas, such as the basement or attic.
- Aerosealing increases airflow to the second story of a home, which increases air conditioning performance while taking the stress off HVAC systems.
- Reducing air leakage can increase the quality of indoor air by preventing the infiltration of air from the attic, basement or crawl spaces.
- The U.S. Department of Energy highly recommends Aerosealing.
- Utility companies often offer rebates of up to $500 for those who take advantage of the Aeroseal process and financing is available through AFC First.
About the Aeroseal Process
Aeroseal duct sealing uses patented technology to identify and seal leaky ducts. It was developed at the University of California’s Indoor Environment Program at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory with funding from the United States Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy. The procedure is a quick, three-step process that typically takes two trained technicians between four and six hours to complete:
- Seal vents and registers to force air through leaks
- Identify those leaks and inject sealant to close them
- Verify that all leaks have been sealed using computer software
Haven’t had your ducts inspected in a while? Be sure to call Climate Master Mechanical Contractors, Inc. today to set up an appointment. We proudly serve home and business owners throughout Chicagoland. Guaranteed to pass inspection or your money back!
Aeroseal was featured on “This Old House”.