6 Reasons to Keep Up With Air Filter Replacement in Your Mokena Home
Have you made air filter replacement a monthly habit in your Mokena home? It’s important to check the filter once a month and change it after no longer than three months.
Filter Changes Count
If you’re not convinced air filter replacement should be a top priority, consider these six reasons to keep up with the task all year round:
- It supports a durable HVAC system: The air handler works best with adequate airflow. A clean air filter ensures pressure remains at the ideal level so the air handler isn’t pushed beyond its limits. This supports more long-lasting, durable equipment.
- Increases your HVAC system’s energy efficiency: A primary goal for many Mokena area homeowners is to increase home efficiency. One way to accomplish this is with regular air filter replacement. Since the air handler isn’t under as much strain, the system consumes less energy while keeping your home comfortable.
- Controls your utility bills: A direct result of consuming less energy is lower utility bills. This year’s bitter winter is a long way from over, but you can keep heating bills down by replacing the air filter as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Maintains clean ductwork and HVAC equipment: The main reason HVAC air filters were invented was to trap large dust and dirt particles that circulate through the ductwork. This helps prevent these harmful particles from settling in the ductwork or on HVAC equipment where they can cause premature system failure.
- Promotes good indoor air quality: The other major reason to keep a filter in place is because it traps pollutants that can degrade indoor air quality. You’ll see the biggest difference in air quality if you install a filter with mid-range efficiency and replace it every one to three months.
- Decreases your home’s carbon footprint: Do your part to help the environment by changing the filter regularly. It requires only a small investment, but imagine the difference it would make if everyone kept up with air filter replacement.
For assistant selecting the ideal air filter replacement for your home, please contact Climate Master Mechanical Contractors, Inc. today. We serve Chicagoland and surrounding suburbs.
Image Provided by Shutterstock.com
You May Also Like
Ductwork is critical to making any central HVAC system work efficiently. Here are three ways your ductwork influences the performance of the… Continue Reading 3 Ways Ductwork Impacts HVAC System Performance in Mokena, IL…
When you first turn on a brand-new furnace, you might expect a few mild odors to appear as the system establishes itself.… Continue Reading 3 Furnace Odors and What They Mean in New Lenox, IL…
A thermostat is like the brain of your HVAC system. If it doesn’t function properly, no part of the HVAC system in… Continue Reading Do I Need to Replace My Old HVAC Thermostat in Mokena, IL?…