We’ve finally seen the last of winter in Plainfield, Illinois, and spring is officially here. While it’s time to enjoy the mild weather, it’s also time to work on projects neglected during the colder months. Start the season off with an energy audit, and you’ll use less energy and save money all year long, regardless of the weather outside.
What Is a Home Energy Audit?
A professional home energy audit like the kind we offer is an inspection of your home to find all the ways your home loses energy and how that affects your energy costs each month. We use tools and training to pinpoint where your home is less energy efficient and how to make changes.
We begin by looking at your utility bills for the past 12 months. The idea is to see what your typical costs are and what kind of changes you can expect when you save energy. After that, we will inspect your home. Once we’re through, we will give you a report showing your likely energy leaks and possible solutions. When our recommendations involve a cost, we’ll also give you a payback analysis, letting you know how quickly you’ll see a return on your investment.
Our recommendations will vary from home to home and are specific to your situation. Here are several common suggestions that you may see on your report:
- Clean your refrigerator coils and replace the door’s rubber gasket.
- Install ceiling fans for better air circulation. Your HVAC system will not have to work as hard to heat or cool your home.
- Seal all air leaks around doors, windows, and electrical outlets.
- Add or change the insulation in your attic.
- Repair or replace leaky ductwork.
- Clean your chimney and repair any problems, such as a damaged damper.
- Upgrade an older HVAC system to a new and energy efficient system.
If you are ready to use less energy and save money, contact Climate Master Mechanical Contractors to schedule an energy audit by calling 888-376-2450.